Cloud computing or cloud hosting has been used for quite some time already as more businesses are turning to this technology each day while harnessing the power of this technology in order to streamline different IT processes which makes it easier for daily tasks to be completed.
Cloud computing or cloud hosting is not something that you have to force yourself to rush into, and before you create any switch, it is very important to ask yourself if you are prepared enough for this virtual network which can either help you or ruin your entire business operation.
It does not mean that cloud computing is bad for your business, in fact, there would be no company or corporation that would take advantage of its benefits if it only does is bad for your business, however, mismanagement and poor utilization of cloud computing’s tools lead to poor results.
So, here are the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing before you decide to invest in one.
- Easier implementation– Cloud computing allows the user to use the same applications and the business processes without having to the requirement to work with the backend technicalities. The ready to use manageability of this tool powered by the internet, a cloud infrastructure can easily be accessed anytime and anywhere by the user with easy accessibility. You can access your data easier unlike anybody else and it is easier for cloud computing to maximize your business’ productivity as well as efficiency by ensuring that your application is accessible always to allow easier ways to collaborate and share among the employees and multiple departments of your business.
- Does not need hardware– Considering that it is a cloud hosting, this virtual storage center does not need a physical storage center to store all your data and information, but a backup which requires a hardware would be ideal in case there is a system malfunction or a system shutdown which rarely happens with cloud hosting unless it is purposely shut down to hinder a company’s productivity and operations.
- Cost-effective– This overhead technology costs are designed to be kept at a minimum amount with the cloud hosting services which enables businesses to utilize the extra time as well as the resources to improve the company’s entire infrastructure.
- Flexibility– Cloud is designed for optimum scalability so that companies can add more or remove resources depending on their need which is very flexible for you to think of it. As companies grow bigger, it is easy to adjust the cloud computing software or tool along with the company’s growth like the iSeries hosting.
- Not in control– Every time you move your service to the cloud host, you are handing everything you want to store there to a third-party company or the cloud hosting services where some issues might not be addressed properly.
- Limited features- Not all of the cloud services provide the same package for each of their client, there are some cloud providers that tend to offer their limited version so that you are forced to avail of their added features with a price.
- Few servers to serve you– Having a cloud hosting capability in your business does not mean that you should do away with the service’s servers because there are fewer servers that can handle your data storage.